JURA launches the world’s smallest One-Touch cappuccino machine
A fresh concept in the world of coffee – downsized to simplicity
Anyone who appreciates expertly made speciality coffees, but has a kitchen where space is at a premium, will love the ENA Micro 9 One Touch from JURA. At the touch of a button, it prepares a whole range of speciality beverages from ristretto to latte macchiato, using fresh beans which are freshly ground and extracted every time. The machine settings can also be adjusted to suit personal taste. The new one-cup machine not only looks elegant in any kitchen, but also offers excellent quality for the price.
Coffee in all its exciting variations is growing in popularity like few other drinks - and not just here in Switzerland. It takes us through the day, makes the perfect end to a meal, and is the ideal drink for a cosy gathering of friends. Coffee has become part of a certain lifestyle, an expression of good taste. In addition to classic favourites like café crème, espresso and ristretto, a growing number of coffee lovers are discovering fashionable specialities with milk and milk foam, such as cappuccino and latte macchiato. And to enable people to enjoy their favourite beverage at home, even with limited space, JURA has developed the world’s smallest automatic speciality coffee machine. Capable of preparing the full repertoire of speciality drinks at the touch of a button, it also features modern fine foam technology to finish each cup with a layer of fine milk foam. These qualities make the ENA Micro 9 the ideal choice for people buying their first automatic coffee machine, or looking to upgrade to a new model.
Efficient and sustainable
Like all JURA machines, the new compact model uses fresh beans to prepare the most delicious coffee. This not only avoids waste, but also allows users to select the beans of their choice each time. JURA has always believed in the importance of environmental responsibility, which is why the new model features an energy-saving mode and Zero-Energy Switch. The ENA Micro 9 not only satisfies the requirements of energy class A but actually exceeds the European energy efficiency standards due to come into force in 2013.
At 32 cm high, the ENA Micro 9 is an amazing 11% smaller than the ENA line, JURA’s established compact series. And at a modest 23 cm wide, the front of the machine is only slightly larger than a sheet of A4 paper. The secret behind this feat of miniaturisation is the new, variable Micro brewing unit, which is specially designed to prepare a single cup. It extracts the best from every blend and roast for maximum flavour. JURA’s new compact model also features easy-to-use preparation buttons, a height-adjustable coffee spout (55 mm - 138 mm) and a user-friendly display. As well as being easy to use, the machine is easy to care for, with a maintenance programme that runs at the touch of a button and TÜV-certified hygiene guarantee.
The simple, elegant forms reflect JURA’s unique and timeless style. The shape is set off by the trendy micro silver colour, transforming the ENA Micro 9 into an interior design object that is sure to be a talking point in every home.
GIGA 5 brings barista quality home
On 2 September 2011, Swiss coffee machine expert JURA will be presenting its latest product, the GIGA 5, at IFA in Berlin. Developed by the innovation leader in automatic speciality coffee machines, based in Niederbuchsiten, the GIGA 5 sets new standards of professionalism, perfection and precision. The new machine has features previously seen only in professional models. In short, the GIGA 5 brings barista quality home.
Emanuel Probst, CEO of JURA Elektroapparate AG, is enthusiastic about the company’s new product: “The GIGA 5 heralds a new era. Aimed at the super premium segment, it is intended for home use yet combines the most professional technical features with unique design.”
The epitome of quality – doubled
The GIGA 5 is packed full of technical innovations. With two ceramic disc grinders, two heating systems, two high-performance pumps, two flowmeters and two fluid systems, the new flagship in the JURA fleet can even serve two speciality coffees at once. What’s more, the virtually noiseless grinders operate independently of each other, so you can add different types of coffee beans to each container to create your own personal blend. All it takes is one touch of a button.
For the classic caffè latte, which is enjoying a resurgence in popularity, the GIGA 5 has a feature previously seen only in coffee bars or restaurants. Thanks to some ingenious engineering, the coffee and milk flow into the cup simultaneously to create the ultimate caffè latte. The sophisticated yet intuitive operating system, with the “turn-and-press” Rotary Switch, makes it quick and easy to prepare other speciality coffees too.
The multi-award-winning manufacturer has also raised the bar when it comes to the design of the GIGA 5. High-quality materials are combined with precise craftsmanship to create a pure, minimalist design that focuses on clean, simple lines. One eye-catching feature is the Venti Ports, the striking ventilation slats which work together with the electronic fans to pump warm air out of the machine and let fresh air in, because the double systems produce both steam and heat. Harmoniously integrated into the top of the machine, they are reminiscent of a classic sports car.
The GIGA 5 will be available last quarter of 2011 in select Jura retailers in the Philippines
Espresso with warm milk and milk foam. Latte macchiato or ‘spotted milk’ has three layers: A bottom layer of hot milk, a top layer of frothed milk, and a layer of espresso.
- 45 ml espresso
- Milk and milk foam
- 1.5 cl flavoured coffee syrup or 4 cl Baileys (alcoholic)
- The ratio of ingredients for this coffee speciality is two thirds milk and milk foam and one third coffee. As milk is more dense than espresso, the coffee floats on top of the milk.
- Add a little flavoured syrup or Baileys to the latte macchiato glass, if liked.
- Prepare a latte macchiato.
- Latte macchiato glass
- Long-handled spoon
After spending the fist half of 2011 traveling and searching for the best gourmet coffees beans from around the world. We’re very excited to announce that the coffee’s we have found has arrived and will be available in select retail outlets starting September 1st ,2011.
It is also my pleasure to share with you my personal tasting notes during my 2011 coffee expedition.
Karnataka G1 Washed Arabica:
As an espresso. Honey-sweet aroma with notes of dark chocolate. full-bodied mouthfeel with thick sweet reddish crema; hints of floral and citrus brightness with long, rich, flavor-saturated finish.
Recommended for pure espresso drinkers, smooth straight shot and an opportunity for devotees to sample a pure, unblended single-origin espresso.
Bolivia Top Primera Arabica:
Medium Roasted Sweet lemony citrus and flowers overlap notes of brown sugar and lush almond in aroma and cup. Fine, crisply fruit-toned acidity and lightly syrupy mouthfeel. Deeper nut-toned flavors carry into the long, bittersweet finish.
A good choice for those who enjoy an intensely aromatic and mildly bright breakfast cup.
Peru HB MC Arabica:
As a Fullcity+ Roast this coffee is Indulgent, intense and pleasing aroma: hints of cherry fruit and milk chocolate. Gently balanced acidity and casually syrupy mouthfeel in a very sweet-toned cup with continued suggestions of cherry-toned creamy chocolate. Some chocolate persists in a clean, straightforward finish.
Recommended for those looking for a gentle Delicately crisp, pleasingly cherry-toned coffee with impeccably pleasing aroma.
Complex sweet medium-roasted character in aroma and cup: deep, rich, dark chocolate with citrus top notes (lemon, grapefruit), cedary midtones. The fine aromatics are complimented by a heavenly finish.
Due to the high demand of Colombian Supremo. Colombian Coffee was very scarce during most of 2010 and still remains one of the most sought after coffees in the world. We were truly fortunate to be to be able to secure this lot during our travels.
Recommended for Lovers of high-grade Colombian coffees with Balanced, sweet character with a full range of flavor and aromatics.
It’s all about enjoyment
The new best in the class of the IMPRESSA J line is easy to get to grips with right from the word go. Its ingenious operating concept couldn’t be easier or more self-explanatory: simply use the Rotary Selection to choose the speciality coffee you want, press the button, sit back and savour the taste. It goes without saying that the one-touch automatic coffee machine prepares the full range from latte macchiato to ristretto at the touch of a button and without you having to move the cup.
- TFT display with Rotary Selection
- Latte macchiato and cappuccino at the touch of a button
- Height adjustable cappuccino spout (110 – 153 mm)
- Fine foam technology
- Glossy double coat of metallic-look silver lacquer
- Stainless steel vacuum milk container 0.6 l
I’m excited to announce that our unending passion for perfect cup of coffee has lead us to another advancement in our coffee packing technology. To ensure that the coffee we deliver to our clients is at it’s freshest; Conlins has built a nitrogen-flushing process into our production line.
Nitrogen is a non-reactive stable gas that will not produce any reactions to food products; it is food-friendly, has no flavor, color or other molecular content that would cause unwanted effects on the coffee. When used together with a one-way valve, the nitrogen molecules pushes the oxygen molecules out the packaging, because Nitrogen’s molecules have a larger diameter than oxygen, the coffee beans freshness and flavor are preserved for a longer duration of time.
Nitrogen renders the CO2 given off by the coffee inert thus significantly reducing the coffee’s aging process. Under normal humidity and temperature conditions, a sealed package that has been nitrogen-flushed will preserve coffee for up to 12 months or more.
Conlins Coffee World Inc, who has recently been accredited with ISO 2200, continues to bring continued innovations and advancement to bring you the freshest and the best coffee beans available.
Michael Harris Conlin
Conlins Coffee World Inc.
Coffee Freshness- Why is nitrogen flushing important?
The rate of coffee staling will depend upon the amount of contact with oxygen. Conditions of heat and added moisture will accelerate staling. Moisture-resistant sealed packaging with a minimum of oxygen content is the key to coffee shelf life. Studies have found that In the presence of oxygen, coffee stales rapidly: whole-bean coffee within a few weeks; ground coffee; with its greater surface area, even more quickly.
The air we breath is composed of 20% Oxygen so when coffee roasters seal their coffee with out nitrogen flushing bag of coffee will have still contain 20% Oxygen. By using a combination of a one-way-valve and Nitrogen flushing we can effectively expel the oxygen in our packaging to almost 99.8% oxygen free.
The Jura ENAcopter Makes espresso and flies your Espresso away from you.
The New Green line ECO friendly Wega Concept: the most advanced semi-auto espresso machine that has energy saving features. Complete with push button auto steam for consistent milk foaming for both cappuccino and latte art, cup illumination and USB programming.
Wega Concept utilizes the latest in espresso technology to be more energy efficient and offer the demanding Batista fine control of espresso brew temperature for the ultimate espresso extraction.
Thanks to its innovative software, the Wega Concept has the ability to memorize the workload of the machine, thus adjusting the work and standby functions accordingly. The multiple boiler technology, apart from the energy saving function which distributes power to the individual boilers only when required, guarantees an increased thermal heat stability of the coffee brewing boilers, giving us a perfect espresso. The function of the nocturnal standby mode, combined with the MBT and SLS technology, allow the Wega Concept to obtain a certified energy saving of 47.6% during the nocturnal rest period, and of 30% during the operational period (relative to an average weekly consumption of 15kg of coffee). Particular attention has been dedicated to the operational safety of the Wega Concept which offers 5 separate safety features on the services boiler, and 4 separate safety features on the individual coffee brewing boilers.
Wega Concept is their flagship espresso coffee machine, utilizing their years in the espresso machine marketplace Wega have manufactured an espresso machine with encompasses the latest technology alongside old fashioned sturdy build quality and reliability to produce an espresso machine which stands ahead of the competition.
1) Services Boiler dedicated to steam and hot water only.
2) Brew Boiler temperatures individually set using the digital interface.
3) Heavy duty brass brew groups for optimum thermal stability during heavy usage.
4) Lever operated steam taps for faster, more reactive control of steam allowing greater control of milk foaming.
- E61 commercial brew groups.
- 122mm High Brew Groups and slide forward cup tray.
- 2 Steel steam arms for stretching milk.
- 1 Hot water outlet.
- Removable drip tray.
- Cup warmer on top of the machine.
- Dual gauge manometer - shows brew pressure and boiler pressure.
- Automatic boiler filling and water level control.
- Chassis of electroplated stainless steel, full box chassis.
- Volumetric dosing of shots and push button electronic hot water dosing.
- Digital display of boiler temperature, time and audit facilities.
Services Boiler safety features:
- The pressure switch disengages the power supply to the heating element if the pressure in the boiler reaches 1.5 bars.
- Should the pressure switch malfunction, the boiler safety valve opens when the pressure in the boiler reaches 2.0 bars
- A temperature sensor, disconnects the heating element when it reaches 130°C, and gives a visual alarm signal on the display.
- A secondary safety sensor positioned internally in the boiler, disconnects the heating element should 169°C be reached.
- The Central Processing Unit disconnects the heating element should it work uninterruptedly at 100% capacity for longer than 60 seconds.
Brew Boilers safety features:
- Temperature sensor disconnects heating element at 130°C and gives a visual alarm signal on the display.
- Back-up safety sensor disconnects the heating element should temperature reach 150°C.
- SNCR valve opens when the pressure in the hydraulic circuit surpasses 12.5 bars.
- Central Processing Unit disconnects heating element should it work uninterruptedly at 100% capacity for longer than 45 seconds.
- Vertical flanged boiler for each brewing group, in copper and brass, with a 1.2 litre capacity, and 1150W heating element.
- USB port for the uploading and downloading of settings and parameters, and software upgrades.
- Electronically controlled cup warmer.
- Temperatures of individual coffee brew boilers, group heads, and services boiler, electronically controlled.
- Visual display of pump operating pressure and incoming water pressure.
- Visual display of ambient humidity provided by hygrometer.
- Quantification and memorizing of selections effected by each group.
- Option to control “save energy” function either manually or electronically.
- Diagnostic messages facilitate the operation of the Wega Concept.
- Visual display of service and maintenance schedules.
- Message displayed when new water softener or water filter cartridge required.
- Visual display of machine parameters including the primary and secondary menu options.